Best Choice Home Health Care- (Brooklyn location) is currently seeking a Staffing Coordinator with minimum 2 years experience. Bilingual English/Russian is a plus.
Job Duties are as follows:
Create calendars in scheduling system to create paraprofessional schedules.
Make all changes daily to schedules for cancelled, refused services, changed assignments, missed visits and approved overtime as they occur.
Create notes in scheduling system related to changes for patients and paraprofessional staff as they occur.
E-mail and fax service changes notices to contracts daily in designated time frame.
Communicate verbally with contract nurses regarding admissions, hospitalizations, discharges expirations and occurrences.
Arrange visits according to plans of care as directed by contract nurse or agency’s clinical manager.
Review plans of care and resolve discrepancies with contract nurses or agency’s clinical manager.
Enter new patients in scheduling system and enter updates to patient demographic information as they occur.
Review duty sheets weekly for verification of paraprofessional schedules and daily tasks.
Communicate with system support center and alert Director of Operations if problems exist with scheduling system.
- Prepare probationary and annual performance evaluations for paraprofessional staff.
- Conduct disciplinary sessions with paraprofessionals and contact Human Resources and/or Director of Operations for assistance where needed.
- Schedule paraprofessional staff for weekly in-service classes as per agency’s procedure.
- Contact paraprofessionals/professionals to assign cases and/or notify of changes.
- Conduct daily telephone attendance checks for at least 10% of each contract’s patients.
- Conduct and document weekly audits on tasks match the plan of care.
- Approve paraprofessionals’ weekly transportation reimbursement.
Monitor tasks reports through scheduling/telephony system daily
Monitor, print and review alerts, missed visits reports through scheduling/telephony system daily. Contact paraprofessionals who appear on the “no show” list daily. Document contact with paraprofessionals.
Rectify pre-billing reports monthly ensuring that open of pending assignments are resolved.
Report daily census details (hospitalizations, discharges, new admissions, readmissions, vacations etc.).
Prepare occurrence and complaint reports for distribution to Human Resources/Clinical Manager/ Director of Operations within 1 hour of receipt.
Request from HR and submit paraprofessional profiles to contracts as needed.
Participate in daily on-call reports.
- Provide coverage for other Staffing Coordinators as needed
- Monitor and report all outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Weekend and weekday evenings on call duty.
- Maintain and file all documentation appropriately
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of Best Choice Home Health Care, Inc.
- Maintain patient and employee confidentiality.
- Any other duties related to position.
Education and Experience:
High School graduate, college preferred.
Scheduling experience in community health programs an asset.
Computer skills/knowledge required.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume including salary history and expectations to: Best Choice Home Health Care, 596 Prospect Place, Brooklyn, New York – 11238; Resumes go to : firstname.lastname@example.org