The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the resident care units assigned on a single shift basis. The position provides on site management for a group of units when the Clinical Nurse Manager is not on site. Additionally, this position functions as the administrator on site for all areas of the facility.
* Provides guidance and direction to the nursing staff on assigned units in collaboration with the Clinical Nurse Managers’ goals for the unit staff.
* Assures the provision of timely and appropriate resident care by assigning adequate quantity and quality of nursing staff to assigned units.
* Personally assesses resident emergencies and assures timely notification of medical staff and resident’s designated representative where appropriate.
* Responds to resident and family member grievances promptly.
* Assures adequate follow-up on succeeding shifts where problems are not resolvable within assigned hours.
* Immediately investigates situations of suspected resident abuse. Initiates complete investigation and assures resident of safety during investigation. Notifies appropriate department heads and administration where appropriate.
* Collaborates with other members of the nursing department in planning departmental activities and solving departmental problems.
* Documents problems encountered and resolution for departmental record-keeping.
* Directs, Supervises and evaluates assigned staff.
BSN, current New York RN license and previous and proven experience in a nursing leadership capacity. Demonstrated interest in the special needs of the chronically ill patients and possesses the ability to integrate principles of nursing into practice and serve as a professional model to Clinical staff.