The Admissions Clerk is responsible for the clerical duties of the admissions department. This positions has an understanding of the operations of the admissions department, is knowledgeable of current admission criteria and works collaboratively with the Director of Admissions and admissions staff.
* Meet with all walk-ins to provide tours and information about the Nursing Home facility.
* Distributes informational packets to all referral sources, community agencies and or families upon request
* Verifies insurance including Medicare, Medicaid and Private insurance
* Completes all necessary forms, paperwork in preparation for admissions
* Completes and distributes daily census
* Maintains accurate bedhold and therapeutic leave logs in accordance with state regulations
* Notifies all departments of the new admission
* Enters referrals into referral data base
A minimum of 1 year related experience in a health care setting or social agency, understanding and empathy for the chronically ill and their family members and some knowledge of government regulations as they pertain to long term care. Knowledge of Reliable, Epaces and Sigma Care preferred.