Under the direction of the Director, Manager and/or Supervisor of Patient Access Services, performs functions which include greeting patients, assisting family members of patients, paging security, registering patients, verifying insurances for eligibility/benefits and obtaining authorizations or pre-certifications when needed. Includes the collection and/or notification of any out-of-pocket payments the patient may owe for insurance co-payments or deposits for the services rendered if applicable. Observes all health and safety requirements. Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Advanced education preferred.
- 1-2 years experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in registration.
- Typing speed 50 WPM, CRT experience, medical terminology.
- Third party payor knowledge and insurance background required.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills