Medical Records Associate
Dept: Northeast HomeCare Certified Visiting Nurse Program
Shift: Days Monday -Friday
Mary Battistelli, HR Manager
600 Cummings Center, Suite 270X
Beverly, MA 01915
Job Details: The Medical Records Associate assists in maintaining and manages physician orders and required face-to-face (F2F) documentation. Serves as a resource for retrieving and filing medical documentation. Assists in the processing of agency discharge audits.
- Manages MD orders and F2F documents to maintain clinical record integrity
- Runs weekly reports of outstanding 485’s, supplemental orders, and F2F documents
- Researches and resolves any outstanding MD order report or issues
- Follows up on old orders not received and problems with orders
- Runs and prints discharge reports as necessary
- Audits agency discharges for completeness
- Works with clinical managers to troubleshoot incomplete discharges
- Files all Medical Documentation according to guidelines
- Completes assigned work activities with a high degree of accuracy in a timely manner
- Follows up with managers of clinicians not responding timely to requests for clarification, missing, or supplemental documentation
- Performs miscellaneous medical records department activities as needed
Education/Experience: High School Graduate; prior experience in office environment; prior experience working in medical records preferred.
Skills/Requirements/Abilities Ability to pay close attention to detail and work independently; ability to multi-task and prioritize; good communications and
interpersonal skills; Team Player; proficiency with common office software programs.
This job description is not an all inclusive list of tasks and is subject to change.