|Send this job to a friend|
|Hours:||26 hrs per wk, M-F|
- Customer Service skills are required
- Experience is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft office software required
The Quality Data Entry Specialist works under the general supervision of the Director of Performance Improvement to create and maintain the patient care registry for Quality Pay for Performance (P4P) and publicly reported measures. Data is received from a variety of sources (Health plan reports, patients and physicians). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to data entry, report generation, drafting communication, documenting action plans, review of data from external sources and verifying data integrity, accuracy of information, timely submissions and management notifications when results are outside of expected parameters. This position would also provide basic administrative support to the Quality Pay for Performance Program.
· Candidates for this position must have medical office, clinical or administrative experience.
· Must be detail oriented and analytical as this position requires a high volume of data entry into patient profiles.
· Candidates must also be skilled in Microsoft Excel and Word; must be Internet literate and have proven accurate data entry skills.
· Candidates must be self-motivated and flexible with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision.
· Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Ability to communicate well with co-workers, physician office staff and management regarding progress of work and obstacles in completing work.
· Ability to read and follow instructions, strict attention to detail.
· Ability to ask questions before proceeding to ensure correct and accurate results.
· Must have a positive attitude.
· Stable work history and excellent references are mandatory.
ESSENTIAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES Quality
Inputs data from Meditech, outside lab vendors and EMR systems into HDS patient
registry. Prioritizes Quality lab and claim detail for data entry. Needs to be capable of high volume data entry.
In coordination with Quality Analyst, completes detailed Quality patient reports for review by physicians at monthly subgroup meetings.
Verify data integrity by comparing data from Health plan reports, EMR and HDS electronic data. Identify patient specific discrepancies and follow up with Health plan and/or HDS to identify eligibility or measure specific disparity.
Responsible for HDS report generation in VMWare and Quality Manager
Communicate discrepancies to health plan and maintains file of exclusions to send to Health Plans Appeal Department.
Responsible for TMP Quality reporting, reviews reports for accuracy and distribution to
Primary Care Physician. Assists in Coding initiatives and provides follow up on all PCP Coding Adjustments.
Responsible for timely follow-up and resolution on all data discrepancies. Submits outcome data to Health Plans for final settlement Special Quality Projects as needed.
Participates in self-evaluation yearly, utilizing the job description, and prepares written professional goals and strategies to meet goals for the coming year
Seeks opportunities to promote excellence through knowledge and/or participation in Clinical Quality opportunities (i.e. seeks participation in educational programs to grow and develop as a professional, key involvement in Quality Management, outside workshop)
Participates in orientation of new employees as needed
Click Here to Apply Online
Current Employees Click Here To Apply Online