Responsible for the care, transport, and treatment of ill/injured patients in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Responsible for relaying and receiving information regarding the patient and patient condition. The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-Intermediate) is responsible for complying with all regulatory requirements, BHAS departmental policy and practice, safety policies and practice, hospital policies, and operating within the scope of a certified EMT-Intermediate as defined by the state of Indiana. The EMT-Intermediate must possess the required knowledge and skills to appropriately care for and manage neonatal, infant, pediatric, adult, and elderly patients.
For Bedford Employees Only
· High school diploma or GED required.
· Successful completion of an approved EMT-Intermediate training program is required
Minimum Experience Requirements
· Experience in an EMS setting is preferred but not required.
Minimum Licensure/Certification/Registration Requirements
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS).
· AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers or Red Cross Professional Rescuer and AHA ACLS required.
· Basic Cardiac Life Support for the Healthcare Provider (CPR).
· Current Indiana driver's license, proof of insurance and a safe driving record required.
· Indiana EMT-Intermediate Certification (EMT-I).
· Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS).
· Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support Certification (PHTLS).
· *Very Heavy Work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Constantly (67 - 100%): Walking, Sitting, Reaching, and Twisting
· Frequently (66-34%): Bending/Stooping, Climbing Stairs, Computer Usage
· Occasionally (1 - 33%): Climbing Ladder and Kneeling/Squatting
· Rarely (<1%): Crawling
· Will constantly carry up to 50 lbs and frequently up to 100 lbs
· Will constantly lift up to 50 lbs and frequently up to 100 lbs
· Will constantly pull up to 100 lbs
· Will constantly push up to 100 lbs