Performs basic patient care technician/nursing assistant functions under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Patient Care Techs (PCTs) in the critical care areas may be trained in point of care blood glucose testing. Blood glucose results are to be reported to the patient’s nurse immediately. Annual competency is required. See Bloomington Hospital policy number CCS-C-300 for reference.
· High-school diploma or GED required
· Patient care Techs (PCTs) in the critical care areas may be trained in point of care blood glucose testing.
· Annual competency is required.
Minimum Experience Requirements
· On the job training, as per individual unit policy, is required.
Minimum Licensure/Certification/Registration Requirements
*Medium Work: Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
· Constantly (67 - 100%): Walking and Bending/Stooping
· Frequently (34 - 66%): Reaching and Twisting
· Occasionally (1 - 33%): Computer Usage, Kneeling/Squatting and Sitting
· Rarely (<1%): Climbing stairs or ladders and Crawling
· Will constantly carry up to 10 lbs and rarely carry above 26 lbs
· Will constantly lift up to 10 lbs and rarely lift above 26 lbs
· Will constantly pull up to 10 lbs, frequently pull up to 25 lbs and occasionally pull up to 100+ lbs
· Will constantly push up to 10 lbs, frequently push up to 25 lbs and occasionally push up to 100+ lbs