1. *Selects appropriate training methodology, develops training plan, designs training materials, trains end users and supports the transition into the new system or process for clinical staff and physicians.
2. Leverages nursing/clinical knowledge of processes, workflows, and evidence–based practice to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of interrelated systems.
3. *Maintains ongoing positive solution driven interdepartmental collaboration – frequently working directly with clinical staff and physicians at the point of care to foster collaboration, buy-in, improved adoption/consistency, and optimization of patient care delivery systems.
4. *Serves in the role of clinical informaticist for assigned technology systems to perform system analysis, develop and maintain application processes using software tools proprietary to the application, coordinate hardware and software upgrades and assist with related hardware, interface and system security requirements.
5. *Collaborates on electronic system design to capture high priority clinical data for future outcomes analysis to improve processes and provide the ability to measure and monitor effectiveness of care delivery both internally and externally.
6. Generates routine and specialized reports to communicate the impact of clinical systems on quality of care and provides analysis of data as it relates to clinical work flows to interpret the meaning of the data as needed.
7. Applies appropriate adult and child teaching/learning methodologies to promote individual or group mastery of skills and knowledge.
8. *Designs and provides comprehensive orientation and educational programs that support integration and success in the clinical environment and serves as clinical role model, and educational resource for new and existing staff.
9. Proactively addresses identified knowledge deficit, clinical workflow and system issues through collaborative change management.
10. *Facilitates development of patient education materials based on the characteristics of the learner and consumer-appropriate learning level and language as assigned.
11. Serves as a facilitator of projects to solicit interdisciplinary end user input for analysis of current state, identification of process gaps, design of future state, incorporation of clinical best practices, and ongoing enhancement of clinical system processes.
12. Relates professionally to colleagues and serves in the role of advisor, mentor, role model, advocate, facilitator and educator.
Professional licensure in a medical or allied health area of study, (e.g., nursing, radiology, laboratory, physical therapy, pharmacy) required. Bachelors of Science degree in medical or allied health preferred. Minimum of three (3) years recent clinical practice experience required. Formal or experience-based knowledge of education and information technology analysis, design, implementation and support preferred.