The HR Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources department and Human Resources Director. Coordinates the new employee onboarding process and supports employment and benefit objectives by providing standard information and procedure interpretation to personnel and hiring managers.
1. *Works with human resource personnel and departmental representatives to coordinate the new employee onboarding process for all new employees; provides initial information regarding orientation, parking, badges and I-9 processing.
2. *Coordinates and communicates the relocation process and specifics with newly hired personnel receiving relocation benefits.
3. *Manages the Bryan Employee Discount program.
4. *Tracks and collects data from various internal sources and prepares reports.
5. *Maintains work calendars and schedules outside and departmental meetings.
6. Plans and arranges travel for scheduled conferences.
7. *Records and/or transcribes minutes of meetings.
8. *Provides phone coverage for the department; screens phone calls and relays messages in a timely fashion; responds to callers with standard human resources and benefit information or general procedural interpretation as appropriate.
9. *Sorts and routes incoming department mail; delivers outgoing department mail.
10. *Inventories, orders and coordinates office supply purchases and deliveries with appropriate departmental and supply personnel.
11. Maintains departmental files and forms as requested.
12. Communicates and collaborates with all levels of personnel, medical staff, auxilliary and ancillary departments.
13. Performs special projects as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalency with a minimum of two (2) years experience in human resources support role required OR Associates degree in Human Resources or related field of study required OR Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field of study or significant progress toward Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources required.