2.. Establishes and chairs the appropriate governance and advisory teams to identify and maintain policies and procedures for information management, data security and privacy across the organization.
3. Develops structure and processes to maintain compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements for security and privacy as they relate to the organization.
4. Communicates across the organization the need for proper security, confidentiality and privacy practices; guides the development of education and training processes to include assisting department leaders in establishing and maintaining local processes.
5. Develops a process for reporting and investigating potential information security, confidentiality and privacy violations and facilitates performance improvement initiatives regarding these subjects.
6. Leads the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies and counter measures against threats to information security, privacy and confidentiality and safe, reliable information management functions.
7. Leads the planning for all new systems with respect to security architecture, posture and secure operational practices.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other relevant field of study required. Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in information technology and/or privacy required. Prior experience administering healthcare security systems preferred.