The Nutrition and Dining Services Director plans, develops and directs the Medical Center’s nutrition and dining services programs. Supervises all personnel, training, purchasing, budgeting, equipment/facility layout/design and safety aspects within the department.
1. *Plans, directs and coordinates, in association with department managers and supervisors, all activities of the department including Production, Cafeteria Service, Patient Service, Catering Service, department-specific layout and design, and Nutrition Services.
2. *Formulates staffing/supply and revenue budgets in direct relationship with required services of the Medical Center and master menu planning; plans and budgets for capital equipment needs of the department.
3. *Directs, monitors and evaluates staffing activities, work processes and productivity of the department.
4. Communicates and administers hospital and human resources policies and procedures on a consistent basis; directs department standards for attendance and performance of staff.
5. *Monitors standards for quality and productivity through quality initiatives and DPMS standards.
6. *Interviews, assesses and hires candidates for management positions.
7. Ensures follow-up on employee opinion surveys and employee concerns.
8. *Develops and maintains the quality assessment and improvement activities of the department; assures food service practices meet or exceed city/county, state, federal and Joint Commission regulations and requirements.
9. Reviews and updates departmental standards for safety and infection control as needed.
10. Coordinates requests for repairs/maintenance of equipment; ensures equipment is maintained at a level to meet manufacturer’s performance specifications.
11. Participates in the hospital-wide meetings/planning activities as requested.
12. Advances work knowledge by participating in continuing education inservices, reading periodicals/literature and seeking ongoing development opportunities.
Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics and/or Food and Nutrition Service Management required. Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of five (5) years experience in a supervisory or management role required.