1. *Coordinates patient placement through collaboration with physicians, central bed control, clinical units and outside facilities and provides interdepartmental coordination of admission/holds/patient activity flow.
2. *Collaborates with Nurse Managers and the Nursing Support Manager, or designees, to appropriately allocate final staffing resources for current and future shifts; aligns resources to make staffing decisions based on appropriate skill mix, expertise, cost effectiveness, and patient acuity requirements.
3. *Attends, and may conduct, staffing and briefing meetings to appropriately plan for staffing decisions; collaborates with other managers during each shift to appropriately coordinate staffing based on patient care needs across both campuses.
4. *Provides direction to Staffing Assistants to anticipate and meet daily staffing requirements.
5. *Facilitates employee/patient incident identification reporting and follow-up.
6. *Directs hospital-wide staff in safety/security issues (i.e., activates the Command Center) until relieved by a member of Leadership or the Safety Officer.
7. *Responds to hospital emergencies on an immediate basis when on duty (if summoned by the Command Center, will make every effort to return to the Medical Center to assist in emergency/disaster situations).
8. *Is promptly notified of the Emergency Department's request to go on diversion and is responsible to report any diversion activity promptly to the Emergency Department Nursing Director or designee.
9. *Provides relevant and operational information to members of the Leadership team as appropriate, including Senior Management; completes an accurate and thorough Report using the online system to assure that members of Leadership have a current and broad understanding of census, activity, unusual events that have occurred within their scheduled shift.
10. *Releases information to news media per hospital procedures.
11. *Participates in high-risk patient/family needs assessment, interventions and evaluation, and may summon on-call support such as security or Care Management Social Worker as needed.
12. *Facilitates conflict resolution between staff, clinicians and patients/families; reports incidents of conflict to the appropriate chain of command.
13. *Incorporates and supports cultural considerations into the delivery of care.
14. *Mentors staff in their development of critical thinking and skill application to the nursing process; serves as a resource for clinical decision-making.
15. *Monitors hospital environment for compliance with Joint Commission and other regulatory standards.
16. Participates in nursing leadership activities, division meetings, and hospital-wide committees and projects as assigned.
17. *Will assist with "Level 1 Communications" or other communication strategies as requested by the CNO, Public Relations, or other appropriate members of the Leadership Team.
18. *Is a member of the Medical Center Leadership Team, with associated rights and responsibilities.
19. * Will assist with key initiatives such as opening/closing units either temporarily or permanently, assisting with operational issues around construction, software or hardware installations or implementations, key process changes that cross divisional lines, etc.; may be asked to provide assistance to the scheduled Administrative Manager in large-scale operations projects.
20. Advances work knowledge by participating in continuing education in services, reading periodicals/literature and seeking ongoing development opportunities.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Current Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Nebraska or approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and participation in progressive education or certification in area of expertise preferred. Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience managing clinical populations required. Prior management or supervisory experience desired.