1. Performs therapeutic nursing interventions consistent with the Emergency Department including:
· ACLS/PALS protocols
· Arrhythmia detection and treatment
· Airway management
· Wound care
· Pain management
· Crisis intervention
· Discharge planning/instructions
· Stroke scale.
2. Initiates appropriate Emergency Protocols.
3. Manages the care of pediatric and adult patients with conditions common to the Emergency Department Unit, including:
· Cardiac, respiratory distress, ENT, GYN, wound, orthopedic, and neurological emergencies
· Trauma emergencies.
4. Provides direct care to approximately 1-4 patients; may manage the care of additional patients.
5. Serves as preceptor, charge nurse, or triage nurse based on skill development and at the discretion of the manager.
6. Serves as resource for student and orientees.
7. Assists in the collection of data for medical screenings.
8. Anticipates and intervenes to meet patient and family needs.
9. Makes appropriate referrals to Care Management, ED Connections, Voices of Hope, etc.
10. Assists the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner in the care of the sexual assault patient.
Requirements: Current Registered Nurse licensure from the State of Nebraska or approved compact state of residence as defined by the Nebraska Nurse Practice Act. Must provide evidence of certification and/or instruction for practice area as required by State or Federal standards/regulations. Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required. ACLS, PALS, TNCC and ENPC required within first year of employment. Two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse recommended.