- 1 year experience required
- Education:Associate's Degree (2 year college or technical school)
- Experience:One to two years related experience
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant is responsible for provision of occupational therapy within the regulations of the NC Board of Occupational Therapy to include patient administration/supervision of treatments, teaching, documentation of services in the patient’s medical record, and appropriate communication/conduct under the supervision of a licensed occupational therapist.
- Ensures accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in accordance with service/department guidelines including but not limited to assessment, treatment plan,
- provision of care and services, letters of medical necessity, funding forms, prior authorization and billing.
- Provides supervision to unlicensed staff according to practice guidelines.
- Meets individual productivity standards.
- Participates in call schedule, weekend rotation, and holiday coverage.
- Provides OTA services to include treatment, discharge planning, and patient and family education within regulation and according to physician orders.
- Follows departmental and agency policy and procedure.
- Participates in care of the patient by coordinating care with other clinical staff, attending team conferences as appropriate, and offering assistance to co-workers.
- Conducts in-service sessions after continuing education Completes FIM training and credentialing, assigns accurate FIM scores as appropriate to discipline.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, students, and volunteers as assigned by coordinator
- Attends in-services and staff meetings regularly.
- Follows departmental and organizational policy and procedures.
- Participates in program development, research, public relations, and on task teams as requested by supervisor.
Physical Demand Level Rating: Heavy