Bachelors degree is required
Bilingual - Spanish speaking mandatory
1-2 years related experience
Must be at least 21 years old
This position has the ability to getting additional hours that could include benefits, depending on grant funding.
Position is located in Baltimore and requires fluency in English and Spanish.
To provide case management and supportive services to unaccompanied immigrant children released from federal custody.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct thorough needs assessments of sponsors and families looking to reunify with unaccompanied minors prior to reunification. Utilize social work best practices for thorough assessments of child's progress and services provided.
• Conduct home visits and phone contacts with the dual purpose of assessing safety and appropriateness of child's placement with his/her caregiver (sponsor), and connecting child to services in the community to address risk factors.
• Perform ongoing case management with a focus on screening and making appropriate referrals to address child's needs in the following domains: placement issues, safety issues, education, health, mental health, legal/immigration proceedings, substance abuse, independent living, criminal/juvenile justice, and child enrichment activities.
• Provide crisis intervention services directly, as needed, and connect family to services to ensure minor's safety and well-being in a crisis situation.
• Submit detailed and thorough documentation in compliance with LIRS policies and procedures.
• Maintain regular and timely communication with supervisor and LIRS staff around any issues concerning the child's safety, stability, or well-being in the placement.
• Maintain liability insurance.
• Participate in ongoing supervision and team meetings.
• Inform supervisor and LIRS about trends, challenges, and successes in working with the population.
• Participate in internal LIRS trainings on cultural competence, service provision, and LIRS policies and procedures. Participate in Esperanza Center trainings, workshops, and staff meetings.
• Acts as liaison/translator between families and various city, state agencies.
• Update client database software within 24 hours of service provided.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work, or other relevant degree required. Master's degree preferred
• 3-5 years of case management experience, preferably with child/family welfare programs
• Knowledge of community resources and ability to connect families to community services
• Experience conducting home visits preferred.
• Ability to travel to home visits and other service agencies to serve the client
• Knowledge of and experience working with refugee or immigrant children preferred
• Cross-cultural or international experience preferred Commitment to LIRS's core mission and values and an ability to model those values in relationship with colleagues and partners; commitment to empowering refugees and migrants.
SKILLS / COMPETENCIES:
• Critical assessment and analysis skills
• Excellent clinical and crisis intervention skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Spanish and English) required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Fluency in Spanish required
CATHOLIC CHARITIES COMMITMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position must be consistently performed using the following behaviors:
1. Honor and respect the Dignity of every person.
2. Encounter each person with Compassion.
3. Act with Humility.
4. Reach out to others in a spirit of Collaboration.
5. Serve with Excellence.
6. Act with Integrity in everything you do.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.