Associates degree is preferred
Bilingual - Spanish speaking mandatory
1-2 years related experience
Must be at least 18 years old
Catholic Charities is a movement to improve lives. We are a family of more than 2,000 talented and dedicated colleagues, supported by nearly 8,000 selfless volunteers and more than 10,000 generous donors. These marvelous individuals are of all faiths, ages and ethnicities, and together, we touch the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals and families each year. Catholic Charities is our community at its best! Through thousands of encounters each day, at our 80 programs and over 200 locations, lives are improved and our community is made stronger
We are currently looking for a candidate for the position of Victim Services Specialist for the Esperanza Center.
Description of Program
The Esperanza Center is acomprehensive immigrant resource center that offers hope and essential services to people who are new to the United States. Immigrants from all over the world have received important resources and compassionate guidance at the Esperanza Center since 1963. Our dedicated staff and volunteers provide services and referrals, ESL education, health care, and low-cost immigrationlegal services to thousands of immigrants each year.
What the Victime Services Specialist does on a day to day basis:
· Perform intake with new clients – immigrant crime survivors – and respond to referrals from internal and external partners.
· Assist survivors with acquiring police reports,completing hospital financial assistance applications, and other documentation related to criminal incidents.
· Educate clients on rights as crime survivors.
· Maintain client database and track all clientinteractions, Compile client statistics and complete quarterly MVOC grant reports in coordination with Program Manager.
The position will require thefollowing:
· Bachelor's Degree, or Associate's Degree with 2 years of relevant experience
· Experience working with diverse populations, specifically immigrant populations strongly preferred
· Able to communicate effectively and accurately inperson, over the phone, or in writing
· English and Spanish language proficiency required
· Requires the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changingneeds of our employees including but not limited to:
· Vacation/sick/holiday pay
· 403(b) Retirement Plan with adiscretionary employer contribution
Catholic Charities of Baltimoreis not only a wonderful place to work, but if you're looking to be part of amission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of so many, then we'reready and waiting for you!
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer