|Send this job to a friend|
|Facility:||Villa Maria Community Svs -- Timonium, MD|
|Department:||Villa Maria of Lansdown - 2700 Washington Ave. - Baltimore|
Contact: Kathy Iversen
Address: Timonium, MD 21093
- Bachelors degree is required
- 1-2 years related experience
Works to enhance community functioning in identified children and adolescents by focusing on skill building and enhancing peer and family relationships. Efforts and interventions are integrated with those of the primary therapist and the caretakers.
1. Develops and implements strategies and interventions with clients and therapist to address behavioral/social/ and educational needs such as remedial educational instruction, tutoring, homework assistance, social interpersonal skills development, problem solving skills, parenting skills, self-care/life skills, therapeutic recreation, behavior management, anger management, etc. These may be accomplished through individual, family, or group contacts.
2. Works in conjunction with the caretaker and primary therapist to develop the Individualized Rehabilitation Plans for clients.
3. Models activities and behaviors that support family, school and community success, provides training in behavioral/social skills, and enhances family awareness of and participation in community activities
4. Maintains regular contact with therapists and treatment teams to share information and to facilitate treatment of the child and family. Attends and participates in consultation planning meetings as needed with the psychiatrist and therapist. Attends family therapy sessions when initiating intervention and as needed throughout the length of service.
5. Provides input for scheduled team meetings to meet regulatory requirements for developing and reviewing goals and interventions in each child’s Individualized Rehabilitation Plan (IRP).
6. Completes and maintains all documentation according to regulatory guidelines and as necessary to ensure payment authorization. Completes assessment forms, family treatment plan documents, Rehabilitation Plans, progress notes, contact notes and discharge summaries within established timeframes.
7. Requests and Reviews authorization for services through the Public Mental Health System.
8. Assists in identifying additional community resources for families and provides supportive intervention to facilitate integration with these resources. Provides referrals and clinical summaries to outside agencies as needed.
Must have the ability to work therapeutically with families and children. Requires thorough knowledge of crisis intervention techniques and policy and procedures related to crisis intervention.
Requires basic knowledge of human behavior and child development including an understanding of factors that contribute to dysfunctional behavior. Requires the capacity to relate to emotionally disabled children in a sensitive, understanding, and insightful manner.
Requires effective oral communication skills on contacts with families and staff. Requires ability to accurately assess and document information for logs, incident reports, and other documents. Requires effective interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise tact and discretion in dealing with a diverse client population.
Requires the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field plus over 1 year of work experience with emotionally disturbed children and adolescents and their families.
Current driver’s license with no more than two points in any 12-month period.
Click Here to Apply Online