Computer Systems Operator
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees onsite
- Employee Commissary
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 8 years in a row!
The Computer Systems Operator is responsible and accountable for responding to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically.
- Provides Operations & Maintenance (O&M) monitoring support, reports on issues and escalates to Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) appropriately.
- Serves as an SME for operational issues and is available for on-call support, as needed.
- Logs incidents/requests through the Help Desk application and manages/prioritizes workload.
- Provides first-level technical support using documented procedures and available tools in order to achieve first contact resolution.
- Utilizes troubleshooting techniques and tools to resolve help desk issues and follows guidelines in issuing service calls / contacts.
- Advises and educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions. Identifies and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems.
- Responds to inquiries pertaining to desktop issues, application software and/or hardware, user account security, communications, system policy guidance, laptops, software, printers, document scanners, handheld devises, network service outages/disruptions and enterprise server outages/disruptions.
- Follows up on cases and requests to completion.
Ability to perform appropriate diagnostics to initiate problem management workflow process. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Determines user requirements for PC hardware and software.
- Delivers consistently high levels of customer service.
- Minimum of one (1) year of providing high volume of customer service required
Experience with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, etc.) and various Operating Systems required
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting servers in a VM environment preferred
- Familiarity with hospital application systems and experience with installing and setting up Microsoft Windows Operating System preferred
- Ability to work with analysts, programmers, and hospital users to describe problems accurately and to receive and relay instructions on how to recover from software and system errors required
- Ability to diagnose the cause of problems in a complex environment and to provide effective solutions quickly required
- Ability to multi-task, make independent judgments in solving problems and work as a team member required
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative in a pressure environment required
- Must be a self-starter and an initiator of action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- A limited degree of creativity and latitude is expected
- College degree in Computer Science or in a technical field with heavy emphasis on operating systems and computer hardware preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer