· Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
· Excellent Team Orientated Culture
· Free Gym for Employees onsite
· Employee Commissary
· "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
· Responsible for and provides patient related activities and treatment and performs routine duties related to the operation of the department.
· The rehabilitation aide provides service within the limits of the law and may not carry out any procedure they are not qualified to provide.
· The IRU rehab therapy aide collaborates with IRU clinical staff including nursing, medical staff, and other therapists to facilitate problem solving and coordination of services.
· The IRU rehab therapy aide must have the ability to understand and follow directions given by therapist and nursing and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· In addition to the above stated items, this employee must understand and follow policies and procedures of the department and demonstrate compliance with accreditation and regulatory compliance requirements.
· The IRU rehab therapy aide shall also demonstrate accountability for, and contribution to, program development, quality improvement, problem solving, and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
· The IRU rehab therapy aide will also assist in scheduling all patients' IRU visits, upkeep and cleaning of all equipment, assisting with call lights, making IRU binders, assist nursing/therapy with patient transfers, assisting patients to the dining room, assisting in co-treatments, hydration specialist: time designated to presenting liquids to decrease need for supplemental hydration 1:1 feeding assistance for low level dysphagia, transporting patients to the gym for concurrent therapy sessions and assist with therapy sessions, provide supervision for cognitively impaired patients, supervise high level patients for showers, IRU/therapy charge reconciliation and check therapy billing for accuracy.
Previous experience with patient care is preferred. The employee must have the ability to understand and follow directions given by the supervising therapist or nurse and IRU rehab leadership, and must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in computer skills, especially Microsoft Word and Excel. The employee must also be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to multi-task and/or prioritize competing requests on an ongoing basis.
High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent work experience in related field.
Employee must also complete an on-the-job orientation period and competency evaluation.
American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification is required.