Decision Support Analyst I – Business Development
Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including a Pension and Scholarship Reimbursement
Excellent Team Orientated Culture
Free Gym for Employees onsite, 50% subsidized at Montage Wellness Centers
"Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
The Decision Support Analyst I (DSA I) position reports to the Assistant Director of Business Development and Contracting. The DSA I shares responsibility with the DSA II for loading data files (including costing information) into reporting application, backup maintenance, verifying and reconciling information, and generating reports. The DSA I will assist DSA II in reviewing and maintaining cost allocation assumptions in the system. The DSA I will become familiar with maintaining proprietary inpatient and outpatient service line definitions for performance reporting. The DSA I also creates spreadsheets, correspondence, graphs, and assembles meeting packets. The DSA I will also assist the Director and other Business Development staff by generating key reports/information to be used for developing pro formas, feasibility studies and business plans. The DSA I will interface with various management staff to accomplish goals and tasks.
· A strong working knowledge of medical terminology
· Is familiar with ICD-9, ICD-10, HCPCS, and DRG coding for in and outpatients
· Has a fundamental understanding of commercial and government patient billing and reimbursement
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, primarily spreadsheets, graphical presentations, and word processing.
· Has an understanding of basic accounting principles
· Ability to communicate courteously and effectively, both orally and in writing, with hospital staff and outside consultants
· Must be well groomed and have a professional appearance
Preferences include: Familiarity with medical office billing, hospital cost accounting system, proficiency in Crystal ReportWriter, knowledge of Epic System.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in job related activities required.
Equal Opportunity Employer