The Discharge Planner is a Registered Nurse directly responsible to the Director of the Care Coordination Department. The Discharge Planner is responsible for the assessment of post hospital care needs and appropriate continuing care for patients upon discharge. The Discharge Planner possesses the skills and knowledge to assist patients, significant others, physicians and other health care providers to develop a continued care plan and to provide information on appropriate options, community resources and insurance coverage to meet those needs.
- 5 years current acute care hospital experience preferred.
- Broad clinical expertise to evaluate patient diagnosis and treatment plan and outcomes utilizing established criteria.
- Effective communication, customer and public relations skills.
- Ability to work as an integral member of the interdisciplinary assessment team.
- Strong organization skills.
- Knowledge of financial reimbursement, state, federal and commercial insurance requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources preferred.
- Acute hospital care management experience preferred.
Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred.
State of California RN license required.
Equal Opportunity Employer