Bachelor Degree Required
3 years experience required
CHI convenes the medical community and articulates a collaborative vision for improving the quality, safety, and efficiency of healthcare in Monterey County through an integrated population management strategy that enhances access to providers, improves caregiver communication and offers a team approach to care delivery. The team approach is supported through in-office and community-based clinical services and integrative health information technology (HIT).
Integrative HIT facilitates connectivity across the care-site continuum, the development of evidence-based clinical decision support tools, and performance measurement systems. It also supports patient engagement by providing information to empower patients to be active participants in fostering and maintaining their own health.
In addition, CHI engages payers in designing value-based insurance products that promote evidence-based workplace wellness and primary prevention and disease management to keep our community healthy and reduce the clinical and financial burden of disease.
Purpose of Position
The Director is responsible for directing and implementing CHI's information management strategy. S/he reports to the Sr Director of Technology and Operations and provides management and oversight of all staff, vendors, and projects that provide technology solutions, infrastructure and integration to the organization. This individual has a high degree of independence and responsibility and is an instrumental part of this organization's growth and development. S/he assists the organization with identifying information technology needs, procuring and implementing application solutions to meet the identified needs of our community-wide integrated population management strategy and our patient centered medical home initiative.
· Leads and manages team by demonstrating the capacity and expertise to operationalize best practice recommendations, company goals and regulatory requirements.
· In conjunction with partners and key stakeholders, constructs meaningful HIT strategies for CHI to address current and future business scenarios.
· Ensures a consistent approach to leveraging information across various organizations with a focus on integration standards, security and governance.
· Identifies and initiates efforts to achieve objectives, teaching others to accept accountability for meeting and stretching to exceed results in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Establishes a culture of excellence in performance and innovation that optimizes opportunities to create new models and processes that better serve our organizational goals.
· Maintains communication with all stakeholders, staff and vendors to accomplish objectives. Assures that communication is clear and targeted for the recipient.
· Works with key stakeholders to identify appropriate metrics, and performance measurement systems utilizing accountability tools, scorecards and dashboards. Takes ownership for ensuring measurement of the value of healthcare information technology programs through technical and business metrics.
· Directs hardware/software acquisition through development of functional requirements, vendor identification and selection, evaluation of system capabilities through site visits and user query, development of the business case and budgets, and product procurement to meet long-term strategies.
· Directs hardware/software implementation, to include, installation, assessments, development, testing and implementation.
· Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education/experience in business administration, informatics, computer science or a similar discipline.
- At least 3 years management (director level or above) experience and extensive knowledge of systems engineering, computer hardware, integration, data communications, networks, performance measurement, and managing critical success factors for large scale, complex, global projects (project management).
- At least three years experience in clinical enterprise (hospital or medical practice office based) workflow for clinical and financial information systems.
- Highly professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills in addition to strong capabilities in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience in managing or configuring a Health Information Exchange or comparable technology solution
- Experience using analytics software tools
- Experience merging health insurance claims, pharmacy benefit and clinical data.
Benefits Competitive plan
Salary Commensurate with experience
Community Health Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.