Summary: Directs the organization's Case Management, and Maternal Addiction Resource Center (MARC) functions. The Director is responsible for designing, administrating and maintaining delivery models that optimize care coordination of patients across the continuum. In addition, the Director develops, analyzes and maintains data bases for measuring outcomes and achieving defined goals.
· integrates the department/services into the organization's primary functions;
· coordinates and integrates interdepartmental and intra departmental services;
· develops and implements polices and procedures that guide and support the provision of services;
· recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care/service;
· determines the qualifications and competence of department/service staff who provide patient care services and who are not licensed independent practitioners;
· continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services provided;
· maintains quality control programs, as appropriate;
· orients and provides in-service training and continuing education of all persons in the department/service;
· recommends space and other resources needed by the department/service;
· participates in the selection of sources for needed services not provided by the department/service or the organization;
· understands, communicates and supports the organizations compensation philosophy, policies, plans and programs.
· Hires and Transfers - Interviews, selects, and provides for training of employees.
· Layoff and Recall - Recommends reduction in employee complement and initiates action, notifies employee(s) if conditions meet specific criteria.
· Promotes and Evaluates - Independently evaluates and determines work assignments and evaluates job performance, recognizes performances.
· Suspends and Discharges - Exercises employee suspensions or discharges authority.
· Adjusts Grievances - Meets with employees to listen to and resolve employee issues and adjust grievances.
· Disciplines - Implements disciplinary action.
· Exercises Supervisory Authority - Develops and implements department and/or hospital policy; insures all employees are trained in policy; exercises discretion, independent of policy to insure proper function of department or subdepartment.
· Integrates strategic goals into case management functions and operations
· Accountable for all aspects of the Case Management Program at MMC
· Social Service – discharge planning; facilitation of maintaining the patient in the appropriate level of care for his/her current health status and level of dependence
· Utilization Review – monitoring and intervening to ensure appropriate utilization of inpatient resources during the hospital course; assuring appropriate status of patient whether inpatient admission or observation based on appropriate clinical criteria as well as fiscal soundness for the organization
· Case Management – facilitate collaborative care delivery for judicious and efficient use of clinical resources.
· Coordinates Case Management Committee.
· Represents Case Management on other organizational Committees
· Oversite and leadership of the MARC program
· Serves as a system resource for any of the functions within the scope of service
· Maintains allocated budgets and completes variances
· Conducts rounds routinely to ensure visibility and accessibility to staff and managers
· Works collaboratively with other departments to conduct education sessions on topics within the scope of service (physicians, residents, nursing staff, etc)
Required: RN with a Bachelors Degree or RN with 6 years of Hospital Case Management Experience; or MSW with 6 years of Hospital Case Management Experience. Five years of Acute Care Case Management experience. If an RN current RN licensure in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.