High school diploma or equivalent is required
CAT Scan Technologist
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
· Performs a variety of clinical and research MDCT procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and imitative.
· The technologists will produce and evaluate CT images for technical quality, properly identifies images and patient and effectively uses judgment for protocols and procedures.
· Medication oversight which includes documentation of delivery of contrast media.
· Adheres to St. Francis hospital and departmental policies and procedures and JCAHO/regulatory agency requirements.
· NYS radiographer's license
· Registration with American Registry of Radiologic Technology
· Knowledge and working experience in Computerized Axid Tomography required.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.