Masters Degree Required
Clinical Progression Facilitator
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Clinical Progression Facilitator is an Advanced Practice Professional (APP) which can be either a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
· Collaborating with attending physicians and consultants to identify any barriers in an effort to facilitate timely and safe flow of patients.
· Facilitate timeliness of testing, procedures, and discharges.
· Work in concert with and not limited to Nursing, Care Management, SNF liaisons, service specific APP departments and Patient Imaging Services to coordinate care of the patient.
· Conduct daily rounding with Care Team in the morning, with follow up rounding in the afternoon while also providing updates to each nursing district.
· Assist in identifying the appropriateness of admission status (observation versus inpatient).
· Attend daily Patient Flow meetings.
· Clinical responsibilities include patient assessment, & development of an appropriate treatment plan with attending physicians.
· Weekly review of metrics which will include length of stay, discharges before noon & 3PM, HCAPS Scores & readmissions.
· Basic knowledge of EPIC, personal computer and Word Processing/ Spreadsheet software; familiarity with medical database systems a plus; able to enter and retrieve data.
· 5+ years relevant clinical experience with strong medicine background as well as knowledge of cardiac, vascular, and general surgery disciplines.
· Flexibility in shifts must be available to working evenings and weekends.
· NYS Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License or Limited Permit
· BLS and ACLS certification
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.