Full-Time * Day Shift * 7:00AM-3:00PM
Rockville Centre, NY
Responsible for the maintenance and operation of all the normal and emergency electrical systems throughout Mercy Medical Center. Supervises the daily work flow and scheduling of the Electrical Shop. Adheres to Mercy Medical Center/department policies and procedures, Joint Commission and regulatory agency requirements.
Explore a career with Mercy Medical Center, a 375-bed not-for-profit hospital and member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island that has been serving the healthcare needs for the residents of Nassau County and its surrounding areas since 1913. Ranked among the top hospitals in New York State, Mercy offers a NYS designated Stroke Center, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and has received Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center – the only hospital in the region and one of only two in NY State to receive this prestigious award.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reports at the start of the scheduled shift ready for assignments and in Uniform
· Maintains electrical shop schedules and sees that routine tasks, projects and repairs are completed in a timely manner
· Works well in patient occupied areas, follows all safety guidelines and procedures when responding to calls in patient areas
· Maintains all electrical circuits and equipment necessary to supply electrical power and lighting in a safe manner
· Installs new wiring, machinery, or components according to code as needed or required
· Responsible for maintaining all required electrical testing, maintenance, inspection and repair service logs
· Can work with wiring schematics, plans, and blue prints to lay out, plan and schedule projects, installations or repairs
· Provide leadership, training and direction to other electrical shop staff or contractors
· Demonstrates the skills and ability to work with other contractors or trades
· Is able to use a wide range of diagnostic, testing and hand tools in the correct manner
· Responds to emergency conditions in a timely manner
· Works overtime when required for emergencies, projects, or coverage
· Logs and Communicates deficiencies to supervisors
· When required performs "Snow Removal Duties"
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience/skills: Must have at least 10 years experience as a journeyman electrician with 5 years in a foreman capacity. Must be well versed with the National Electric Code
Physical Demands: Must be able to lift and transfer materials associated with the job.