Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant - Neuro Interventional
Advanced Practice Provider
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
St. Francis is currently looking for an experienced Advanced Practice Provider (NP or PA) to be a part of our neurointerventional, stroke and neurology service providing advanced, high quality healthcare in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
Responsibilities will include:
- The Advanced Practice Provider will assist collaborating physicians in providing assessments, diagnosis, care and treatment of adult and geriatric neurology patients in an acute care and outpatient setting.
- Appropriate ordering of tests and medications including narcotics.
- Coordinating admissions and/or transfers to/from other facilities.
- Participate in scheduled department meetings, conferences, committees and activities related to quality improvement and hospital initiatives.
- Work with multidisciplinary team, healthcare professionals and family members to implement an appropriate therapeutic regimen, admissions, discharge planning and community resources/referrals.
- Acute Care experience in Neurology highly preferred
- Must be able to work a varied schedule including weekend rotations and nights
- Bachelor of Science, Masters preferred in an AMA approved PA or NP program
- NYS Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner License or Limited Permit
- Must obtain 8 hours of Stroke and Neurocritical care education within 6 months of hire
- PA or NP Board Certification
- BLS and ACLS certification
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.