Advanced Practice Provider
Part-Time * Night Shift * 6:00PM-6:00AM
Must be able to work: Variable Days with Holiday Rotation
Rockville Centre, NY
Explore a career with Mercy Medical Center, a 375-bed not-for-profit hospital and member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island that has been serving the healthcare needs for the residents of Nassau County and its surrounding areas since 1913. Ranked among the top hospitals in New York State, Mercy offers a NYS designated Stroke Center, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and has received Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center – the only hospital in the region and one of only two in NY State to receive this prestigious award.
The Medical Advanced Practice Provider (APP) is a member of the medical care team whose primary responsibility is the management of complex and independent patient evaluation and management functions. The Medical APP shall provide patient care commensurate with their level of advancement; competence and privileges, under the supervision of appropriately credentialed attending.
The Medical APP's require excellent interpersonal and communication skills integral to the success of a Medicine APP. The Medical APP converses with patients in a manner that promotes understanding and develops positive clinician-patient relationships that helps to enhance good health outcomes. A Medical APP must also have strong analytical skills to study clinical situations correctly, and be compassionate to make the health of patients their priority and primary concern.
The Medical APP contributes to the collaborative patient care, to the research, teaching and consulting of patient care and provides leadership to Mercy Medical Center (MMC) and to the PA & NP profession.
· Direct clinical services for medically ill adult patients according to the established MMC protocols and utilizes evidence based clinical practice standards under the supervision of an appropriately credentialed attending.
· Performs as the Team Member / Team Leader during a Rapid Response, Cardiac Arrest Code, Stroke Code, Behavioral Rapid Response, Pain Rapid Response, Sepsis Rapid Response, in the absence of a physician. (RRT Protocol & Policy located in Cross Functional).
· Provide safe, effective and compassionate patient care.
· Devotes attention and resources to provide the best customer service possible.
· Addresses patient medical problems in the absence of the patient's attending of record.
· Examines patients, assess the patient's physical condition, identifying signs and symptoms and gathering personal details to arrive at a plan of care in collaboration with the attending of record.
· Participates in the medication reconciliation process on admission, discharge or when transfer of care to another provider or level of service.
· Documents patient plan of care by appropriate and prompt maintenance of medical records, orders, notes and timely signing of verbal and telephone orders.
· Collaborates with private attending in the completion of medical admissions by participating in medication reconciliation process, examines and identifies signs and symptoms to arrive at a plan of care and documents findings in a thorough progress note.
· Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests.
· Explains the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedures to patients, patient's family, staff and healthcare students.
· Assess family coping skills and the need for crisis or other interventions.
· Practices proper infection control and sterile technique.
· Demonstrates ongoing improvement/proficiency in bedside invasive and noninvasive procedures and maintains patient procedure logs.
Education: B.S. degree in accredited Physician Assistant Program or MSN in accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
Experience/skills: 2 years experience preferred.
Licensure: Current registration with NY Education Dept. as Physician Assistant. NCCPA Certification. ACLS, BLS, Infection Control Certificate.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
A Member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V