Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you thrive on engaging your staff by building on the successes of each day? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones? Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a leader at St. Charles Hospital. You are at the heart of health.
Our Operating Room Assistant Nursing Care Coordinator (ANCC) will:
- Assist the Nursing Care Coordinator (NCC) in delegating and coordinating nursing care activities of all patients on the nursing unit
- Mentor, supervise, and evaluate the team to reach their full potential and inspire continual professional growth
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loves ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Perioperative Services
- 3+ Years of experience in the Operating Room
- Previous leadership experience preferred Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or enrollment in BSN program required
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
- CNOR certification preferred
St. Charles Hospital is a 243-bed, acute care community hospital located in Port Jefferson, NY. St. Charles is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of LI, the healing ministry of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, and has served the residents of the Three Village area for more than 110 years. The non-profit hospital features three centers of excellence: Maternal/Child services, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation. St. Charles is renowned for its outstanding customer service and scored as one of the top hospitals on Long Island in the delivery of high quality care.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.