Registered Nurse (RN), Float Pool
Rockville Centre, NY
Explore a career with Mercy Medical Center, a 375-bed not-for-profit hospital and member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, which was voted a Top Workplace on Long Island for two consecutive year by Newsday. Mercy offers a NYS designated Stroke Center, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and has received Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center - the only hospital in the region and one of only two in NY State to receive this prestigious award.
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses to join our Float Pool.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assessing, prioritizing, monitoring, and managing overall care for patients on various med/surg units
- Partnering with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Advocating for and building meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education
· BSN with current NYS RN licensure
· BLS and ACLS
· Minimum one (1) year med/surg and/or telemetry experience
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.