Registered Nurse (RN) – Emergency Department (ED)
Are you committed to high caliber patient care? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments, utilizing your exceptional critical thinking skills to care for a variety of critical patients, all while cultivating meaningful relationships with staff, patients, and their loved ones?
Then you have what it takes to be an Emergency Department Nurse at St. Joseph's Hospital.
Our Emergency Room RN's:
- Triage, assessment, diagnosis, planning, and evaluation of care for emergent cases.
- Treat patients for services including critical care cases and rapid response codes.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the Emergency Room
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in the Emergency Department at an acute care facility preferred
- 1+ years of acute Registered Nurse (RN) experience required
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
A designated Stroke center, caring for approximately 33,000 patients a year, St. Joseph's Emergency Department provides a full spectrum of care for emergency conditions. With state of the art technology, there are new revolutionary ways to provide care for our patients.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.