1-2 yrs experience required
Hospice Inpatient Center
Rockville Centre, New York
Good Shepherd Hospice, a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, promotes the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being both of the person completing life's journey and their family members, providing comprehensive and compassionate end-of-life care of the highest quality. Good Shepherd helps patients and their families live each day fully, focusing on quality of life, control of symptoms and the things that matter to them the most.
Our team of professionals, caregivers and trained volunteers are dedicated to providing both medical and emotional support to patients and families. We currently employee more than 200 staff members and have a volunteer core of over 100 dedicated people.
Please take a moment to carefully review the job details below.
Practicing in our new dedicated, 12 bed Hospice Inpatient Center at Mercy Medical Center opening in the fall 2018, the Hospice Nurse Practitioner will provide direct care to patients with terminal illness, perform assessments, history and physicals, and work closely with all members of our interdisciplinary team. This role will assist the Medical Director and hospice physician staff with the oversight and management of hospice patients and their caregivers and serve as a resource for clinical staff.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of hospice concepts, philosophy, policies and procedures and will be computer literate with Microsoft Office and Hospice software experience.
· Current NYS license and registration as a Nurse Practitioner
· Unrestricted federal DEA registration and DEA registration number
· Graduate of a Master's Degree in Nursing from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
· Minimum 2 years of experience in oncology, hospice, home health care or medical/surgical nursing.
· Prior experience caring for terminally ill patients and providing care in home and institutional settings
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work atmosphere, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V