The Assistant Nurse Manager for the Cath Lab is responsible for the daily patient care and personnel activities on assigned shift.
- Accountable for the delivery of nursing care related to the care of the geriatric & adult patient through the following job segments.
- Interprets the Philosophy and Objectives of the Nursing Department, together with the NM and directors of the Nursing department.
- Coordinates unit activities for a given shift, by facilitating a stable and organized work environment through leadership, direction and delegation to provide and maintain quality nursing care.
- Coordinates and supervises in the interest of the Hospital, unit personnel activities on assigned shift by promoting staff growth and development, participating in the evaluation process and counseling procedures, determining and effectuating management decisions with respect to hiring, discipline, evaluations of performance and the direction and assignment of staff.
- Demonstrates educational and experiential qualifications in nursing practice: demonstrates the ability to direct and influence the value and behaviors of others.
- Enhances staff development through facilitation of the orientation process, involvement in staff meetings and as a direct resource person.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing required
- BLS and ACLS Provider Certifications required
- 1-2+ years of Cath Lab experience required
- Leadership experience preferred
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Catholic Health Services - At the Heart of Health