Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones. Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a St. Catherine's Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Delivery Room RN's:
- Assess, prioritize, continuously monitor, test, and manage overall care for patients who are in labor in order to provide an exceptional birthing and bonding experience for our patients and their families.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, midwives, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, coaching, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Labor & Delivery Nursing
- 1+ Years of acute care hospital based Registered Nurse (RN) experience required
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in Labor & Delivery strongly preferred
- Will consider candidates with 1+ years of Registered (RN) experience in the Operating Room
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree preferred
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), & Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required, & Proof of completion of Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM) Training
St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center is a proud member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, and has served the residents of the Smithtown area for more than 50 years. St. Catherine's is located on the north shore of Long Island in Smithtown. The campus is comprised of a 296-bed not-for-profit community hospital; a 240-bed nursing and rehabilitation care center; and a 60,000 square foot medical office building. Our nurses, physicians and support staff are devoted to providing advanced health care in an environment of compassion to our patients, their families and our community. We are a designated Baby-Friendly Hospital and the goal of St. Catherine of Siena's family-centered care services is to obtain the best possible health outcomes for our patients and their families. As a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, our Mission is to create an environment of healing and compassion, to offer care to those in need and to provide a spirit of mutual respect while upholding our religious mission.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.