Medical Office Assistant
St. Francis Hospital & Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
As a Medical Office Assistant for Catholic, you will be working in an administrative and clinical capacity under the supervision and delegation authority of the licensed provider. You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Competency is all skills related to the performance of providing exceptional patient care.
- Assist with front office duties: greeting patients, answering phones, and verifying insurances.
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visits.
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the electronic medical record.
- Assists in the design and oversight of efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety and satisfaction.
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required
- BLS training and Current Certification required
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent required
- Medical Assistant Certification is preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.