At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
***Weekends only/Day shift***
Rockville Centre, NY
Explore a career with Mercy Medical Center, a 375-bed not-for-profit hospital and member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island that has been serving the healthcare needs for the residents of Nassau County and its surrounding areas since 1913. Ranked among the top hospitals in New York State, Mercy offers a NYS designated Stroke Center, Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and has received Pathway to Excellence designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center – the only hospital in the region and one of only two in NY State to receive this prestigious award.
· Interviews patients efficiently and courteously to obtain pertinent demographic and insurance information
· Secures signatures to ensure timely reimbursement as well as ensuring consents are signed specific to service being rendered
· Completes a proper patient search for new and prior hospital visits to properly identify the correct patient and prevent duplication of medical record numbers
· Scans insurance cards, scripts, patient identification and all pertinent documentation.
· Ensures insurance verification is completed via Relay, phone, fax or insurance website
· Appropriate authorization and/or referral information is obtained per Managed Care guidelines; all pertinent information is documented in notes and entered into the appropriate registration fields.
· As part of Revenue Cycle management, collects co-payments, co-insurance, deductible and self pays at point of service
· High School diploma, some college or equivalent education required
· Previous registration, medical insurance background, medical terminology and knowledge of CPT codes preferred
· Excellence in customer service, interview and data accumulation skills, computer/keyboard skills and internet knowledge
MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
A Member of the Catholic Health Services of Long Island
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V