Registered Nurse (RN) – Intermediate Care Unit
Are you a determined Registered Nurse consistently providing outstanding, compassionate patient care? Do you build relationship of trust and advocacy with your patients and their loved ones? Do you thrive in a progressive, team-oriented environment?
Then you have what it takes to be a Mercy Medical Center Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Intermediate Care Unit RN's:
- Assess and evaluate patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Coordinate patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the Intermediate Care Unit
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in Telemetry or Step Down/Progressive Care and familiarity with ventilators are required.
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: NYS Registered Nurse License
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.