QM Coordinator- CV Surgery
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The QM Coordinator of CV Surgery is responsible for the management of data abstraction, entry, and harvesting to the cardiac registries including NYS, STS and ACC NCDR.
· Compilation of profile reports
· Review data to assure accuracy and to analyze trends, and the oversight of data for the Cardio-thoracic (CT) surgical and Cardiology service lines
· Performs concurrent and retrospective reviews to identify all events and enter them into the hospital system
· Identify patterns, trends and concerns in collaboration with the cardio-thoracic QM Coordinators and bring to Cardiothoracic Surgery Performance Improvements committees. This may include oversight of the data program or cyclic reassignment of responsibilities to the clinical performance improvement areas as departmental needs arise.
· RN with current NYS license and Bachelor of Science in Nursing or related field
· Master's degree and CPHQ (Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality) and experience in cardiovascular surgery are preferred
· Minimum 5 years of clinical nursing experience required.
· Performance Improvement and Quality Management experience as well as familiarity with STS registry and NYS DOH CSRS data bases preferred.
· Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented. Problem solving ability, creativity and effective communication skills will be essential to success in this position.
· Data analytical skills required.
· Knowledge of MIDAS program is preferred
· Must have the ability to motivate, plan, organize and direct activities of others.
· BLS or CPR/AED training
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.