Are you exceedingly driven, dedicated, and passionate about caring for your patients? Do you thrive on engaging your staff by building on the successes of each day? Do you consistently create and nurture meaningful relationships with your team, your patients, and their loved ones? Can you strike the perfect balance of integrity, compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence?
Then you have what it takes to be a leader at Mercy Medical Center. You are at the heart of health.
The Assistant Nurse Manager is responsible for the daily clinical operations of the Delivery Room. Our Assistant Nurse Manager will:
· Mentor, supervise, and evaluate the team to reach their full potential and
inspire continual professional growth
· Be responsible for the scheduling of the day shift
· Handle patient relations issues
· Regularly assess unit operations and identify process improvements to enhance the patient experience
· Assess and evaluate patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions
· Coordinate patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
· Communicate effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care
What you'll bring:
- Passion for the Labor and Delivery
- Minimum of 1 years charge and/or supervisory experience required
- 2 years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in Labor and Delivery required.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, preferred
- NYS Registered Nurse License
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.