Are you committed to high caliber patient care? Do you thrive in a compassionate culture of caring, utilizing your exceptional critical thinking skills to care for a variety of patients, all while cultivating meaningful relationships with staff, patients, and their loved ones?
Then you have what it takes to be a Critical Care Nurse at St. Joseph Hospital. You are at the heart of health.
Our Critical Care (CCU) RN will:
- Assess, monitor, administer medication, document progress, and manage overall care for highly acute and critical patients, including critical patients coming post-surgery.
Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Critical Care/Intensive Care & the Surgical Intensive Care (SICU) areas
- 2+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) working experience in a Step Down Unit at an acute care facility required
- Will consider candidates with strong Telemetry RN experience
- 1+ Years of RN experience working in a Critical Care (ICU, SICU, MICU, CCU) preferred
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) required & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required
St. Joseph Hospital is a community hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, critical care and surgical services. St. Joseph Hospital is proud to hold The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, signifying full accreditation by the nation's predominant standards-setting body in health care. Amongst many quality achievements, St. Joseph is also recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for GOLD quality achievements for both Stroke and AFIB. In fact, St. Joseph is the first hospital on Long Island to earn the AFIB GOLD Quality Achievement Award.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.