At Catholic Health, we are more than 18,000 professionals inspired by innovation, strengthened by compassion, and driven to excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something incredible--for yourself, and for the community we serve.
Join our team and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's Top Workplace.
The HIM clerk is responsible for a variety of clerical duties, including scanning, indexing, QA of scanned documents, analysis, phone coverage, checking in of shadow charts and other assigned duties as necessary.
· Prepares medical records for scanning, matching batch header sheets, does quality review, uploads and accepts batched for completeness
· Scans and indexes health and administrative information in to the hospital's electronic health record system.
· After all information is scanned and indexed, files or places the paper files in the HIPAA bin per policy and procedure.
· Maintains a daily productivity log of scanning and indexing activities.
· Scans and indexes loose medical record documents received daily.
· Completes scanning and indexing within established timeframes.
· Confirms that documents have been scanned into the system prior to placing them in the HIPAA bin to ensure the integrity of scanned images into the electronic health record system.
· Analyzes Inpatient/Outpatient records for physician deficiencies and enters them into the HER.
· Protects the confidentiality of patient information, as well as access to computer files and access codes
· And performs additional tasks as assigned
· High School graduate or equivalent.
· Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
· Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record Systems
· Ability to operate the following equipment; scanner, microfilm reader/printer, copy machine, fax machine.
· Previous clerical experience in a hospital or doctor's office preferred.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.