DIRECTOR OF PASTORAL CARE
FARMINGDALE, NEW YORK
Good Shepherd Hospice is a member of Catholic Health, an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. Catholic Health includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Catholic Health serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Director of Pastoral Care will work with administration, the interdisciplinary team and the Chaplains to provide and develop the spiritual care component of Good Shepherd Hospice and Catholic Home Care. Consistent with Catholic Health's mission to humbly join together to bring Christ's healing mission and the mission of the mercy of the Catholic Church to our communities, the Director will be charged with supporting and leading the department to meet the spiritual, emotional, psychosocial, religious and cultural needs of the patients, residents, individuals, family members and entity staff. The Director of Pastoral Care ensures the delivery of a comprehensive program of spiritual care to patients, residents, individuals, their loved ones and staff consistent with the values of the Catholic Health mission.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
· Master's Degree required in Theology, Pastoral Theology, Pastoral Ministry or Divinity
· Board Certified Chaplain (BCC) by NACC, NAJC or APC
· Knowledge of emotional effects of death, grief and loss. Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to patients, residents, individuals, families, professional colleagues and people of all faiths.
· Ability to function well in a crisis situation. Ability to exercise collegial leadership and shared responsibility.
· Ability to Integrate the authentic theology, moral teachings, and ethical directives of the Roman Catholic Church, the practical application of the Sacraments for the benefits of patients and family members.
· Be a member in good standing within the Roman Catholic Church, thorough understanding of the Ethical and Religious Directives and their application in healthcare
· Prior Management experience
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.