High school diploma or equivalent is required
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
Supervise and oversee all office operations including scheduling, billing, resolutions of staff and patient complaints, review and prepare budget, signing off on all purchases, department payroll, overseeing and coordinate staffing of personnel and marketing the practice.
• Manages tasks for the Physician
• Schedules patients as needed
• Communicates departmental needs to the Physician
• Answers and directs telephone calls in an appropriate manner
• Manages/Assists with projects associated with the practice
• Orders and Manages inventory for the Department
• Promotes professional development opportunities within the department
• Facilitates effective communication amongst staff members
• Participates in performance improvement projects
• Demonstrates knowledge of insurance issues effecting patient care
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of medical terminology, ability to maintain an image of professionalism in appearance and conduct at all time
• Understanding of medical office billing
• Practice Management experience, preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.