Advanced Practice Providers -Neurosurgery
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Advance Practice Provider works under the supervision/collaboration of a qualified physician member of the Medical Staff to provide excellent care to patients of the hospital.
· Obtaining a detailed medical history of patients
· Performing a comprehensive physical examination
· Diagnosing medical problems
· Ordering and interpreting diagnostic studies
· Instituting appropriate medical treatment
· Ordering medications
· Performing invasive procedures
· Counseling patients and employees as credentialed and dispensing DME equipment
· Physician Assistant must be a graduate of a Physician Assistant program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant or by one of its predecessor agencies.
· Nurse Practitioner must be a graduate of an approved program for the training of NP's.
· Must have current and unrestricted Medical license
· Physician Assistant's must have current NCCPA certification
· NP's must have current RN license and current NYS AANP or ANCC certification
· BLS and ACLS required. PALS required for those with pediatric care duties. DEA registration required for those with discharge responsibilities.
· Competency to practice medicine with physician supervision required. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Outlook Email required.
· BLS/ACLS/PALS/AED training required and accepted from only 2 organizations: American Heart Association - BLS/ACLS/PALS for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program. American Red Cross - CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer. No online programs from any organization will be accepted.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.