A Diagnostic Ultrasound Professional specializing in Breast sonography, providing diagnostic patient care services using ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using sonography. The Diagnostic Medical Sonographer is also responsible for daily operations of the sonographic laboratory, input on the patient schedule, equipment maintenance, the report of equipment failures, and quality assessment (QA). The Sonographer maintains a high standard of patient care, medical ethics at all times, and is self-motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of the field, disease and new procedures as they evolve.
1. Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography for Breast and Non-Gyncological examinations.
2. Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
3. Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
4. Analyses; sonograms, synthesize sonographic information, medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
5. Coordinates work schedule with immediate supervisor, and/or practice manger to assure workload coverage.
Graduate from approved school of ultrasound.