Women's Health Center
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center® is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards® and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
The Ultrasound Technologist performs a variety of procedures requiring independent judgment and initiative in the utilization of Ultrasound equipment and diagnosis.
· Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography for Breast and Non-Gynecological examinations.
· Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information and images.
· Uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
· Analyses; sonograms, synthesize sonographic information, medical history, and communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
· Graduate from approved school of ultrasound.
· Bachelor's Degree preferred. Associates Degree required.
· ARDMS required.
· 1-2 years of Ultrasound experience preferred
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.