Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Director of Population Health, Ambulatory Clinical Quality will plan, direct and monitor quality of population-based programs throughout ambulatory clinical practices of the CHS Physician Enterprise and the CHS Physician Partners Network. He/she will oversee the implementation and maintenance of ambulatory practice standards which support the delivery of patient-centered, cost effective and quality driven care. The individual will work with the System Director, Ambulatory Clinical Practice and other system leadership to measure physician performance and care outcomes through the compilation and analysis of data and communication of results. The Director will work closely with physician organization leadership to build population health programs including the Patient Centered Medical Home Model of Care, chronic disease programs, e.g., diabetes, obesity, hypertension, and work to support physician relationships and improve internal communication related to system initiatives.
- Develops and implements population health programs, including but not limited to, patient-centered medical home, and chronic disease programs, including those focused on diabetes, obesity, hypertension, etc.
- Develops standards, systems and tools for data collection and analysis of clinical practice patterns, environment of care, patient safety and resource allocation within physician practices.
- Conducts data analysis to identify trends and patterns related to care outcomes;
- Develops action plans to address negative findings.
- Conducts practice assessments to assess current disease management programs and/or recommend opportunities for implementation or enhancement of such.
- Collaborates with practice management, IT and others to identify and implement key processes changes required for efficient practice operations and adherence to best practice standards.
- Works with clinical staff to implement streamlined and efficient workflow changes
- Develops programs to support contemporary and risk-sharing models of care, e.g., PCMH, ACO. In conjunction with entity leadership, accountable for compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Supports Nursing standards of care/ scope of practice
- BSN or Bachelor of Science required; Masters in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Informatics or MBA required; DNP or PhD preferred
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) license required ANCC or other nursing certification preferred CPHQ certification preferred NCQA PCMH CCE (certified content expert) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- 5-7 years ambulatory experience preferably in a large medical group, or healthcare system required.
- Quality Management experience required Experience with risk-sharing models of care, e.g., PCMH, ACO Familiarity with ambulatory EMR systems (e.g., EPIC)
- Proven track record of accountability and results
- Experience with survey processes, e.g., Joint Commission, DOH and ambulatory accreditation, (AAASF Office based surgery, ICANL, etc.)
- Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge of healthcare/hospital operations with a minimum of five (5) –seven (7) years in ambulatory nursing or quality management including at least three (3) years at a leadership level.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.