Central Receiving Coordinator/Clinical Laboratory
The Central Receiving Coordinator/Clinical Laboratory maintains and coordinates all laboratory inquiries regarding specimen collection and processing for the hospital.
· Maintains and coordinates accessioning, handling, and grossing preparation of surgical specimens and laboratory inquiries retarding specimen collection and processing for the hospital
· Maintains and coordinates all laboratory inquiries and procedures regarding referred testing specimen collection and processing for the hospital and acts as a resource for hospital personnel regarding specimen procurement, testing, and resulting.
· Coordinates all laboratory specimen pickup and deliveries between the CHS Hospitals and the CHS Regional Laboratory Services facility
· Maintains equipment and ensures that departmental supplies are stocked and well maintained. Notifies area supervisor when insufficient
· Demonstrates knowledge of service priorities, work routines, and workflow patterns; monitors workflow to assure prompt and efficient delivery of services
· Demonstrates the ability to evaluate departmental performance and recommends measures to improve services and quality of current methodologies
· Demonstrates knowledge of designated laboratory section and competence in all required procedures in accordance with institutional policies.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Good oral and written communication skills
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.