5-7 years experience preferred
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Microsoft Systems Administrator is responsible for the ongoing operations of enterprise Windows-Intel systems, database and imaging applications. The Microsoft Systems Administrator position includes hardware / server installations, production system support, application integration, vendor interaction and incident response / service request management. System performance analysis and Disaster Recovery planning is a crucial component of the job function as well.
- Participate in project appropriate aspects of information systems lifecycles (business requirements definition, selection / planning, build, test, train, implement, production support).
- Install, setup, configure and monitor the daily operations of clinical imaging systems utilizing Microsoft and Linux operating systems.
- Perform system upgrades and maintenance of enterprise imaging systems, partnering with solution provider.
- Troubleshoot and facilitate support call requirements for system hardware and software, including storage and network communications.
- Assist with the installation and integration of DICOM communication devices; develop and maintain documentation on the workflow, policies and procedures of imaging systems within the hospitals.
- Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of CHS' business continuance and disaster recovery strategy.
- Work closely with information systems vendors in testing and discovery of new system solutions and production of flowcharts, diagrams and other necessary documentation.
- Perform necessary administrative responsibilities related to the clinical imaging system, including but not limited to, service-desk support, ticket management, off-hour system maintenance, and on-call functions.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors' Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science preferred, or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Familiarity of the clinical and diagnostic workflow in a healthcare imaging environment highly preferred.
- Microsoft Systems Administration and VMware training and certification highly desirable.
· A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with the following technologies (current versions): Required - Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory and Windows security, Microsoft Operating Systems, VMware, Storage and networking concepts; Highly preferred - Linux (SUSE), Microsoft SQL Server, Micro Focus (HPE) OpenView, Symantec Altiris server management
- Shall have a working understanding of Storage Area Networks and infrastructure components.
- Willingness to travel from entity to entity and provide on-call of off-hour support.