Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Children’s of Alabama. Please scroll to the bottom to locate current job openings.
As a health care system committed to improving the health of those we serve, we are asking our employees to model the same behaviors we promote to our patients. Beginning January 1, 2013, Children’s of Alabama will no longer hire individuals who use nicotine products. Applicants who profess to use nicotine will not have their applications processed. Anyone who is offered and accepts a position with COA will be tested for nicotine during our regular pre-employment testing. Applicants who test positive for nicotine will be eliminated from consideration and pending job offers will be rescinded. We encourage candidates who do not pass the nicotine testing to consider taking steps to stop the use of nicotine and reapply for consideration after a period of 90 days.
Helpful Hints for completing the on-line application:
1. You will be asked to enter your email address and set up a password as part of the application registration process. Please remember your username and password. This will allow you to log in at any time and check the status of your on-line application or apply for other jobs at Children's of Alabama. We advise against creating duplicate log ins which can interfere with our efforts to contact you.
2. For your convenience, you may upload an electronic version of your resume to pre-fill parts of our online application. When you select this option, you’ll be directed to locate your resume on your computer or a disk. Our software will then use the information in your resume to complete many of the fields of our online application. You’ll then have an opportunity to review your online application, edit any answers and complete any questions not pre-filled from your resume.
3. Please be sure to complete the application in its entirety. Any unanswered questions or blanks may be considered an incomplete application and may not be forwarded for further consideration. Also, to accurately and fairly determine your rate of pay, completion of all previous work experience is required in this section! Be sure to list all previous experience, even for positions other than that which you are applying. Also account for all periods of unemployment.
4. Please take a moment and carefully review the requirements for each job of interest. We ask that you only apply for those jobs in which you meet all the minimum requirements. If you do not meet each of the specified minimum qualifications, your application may not be forwarded for further consideration.
5. Selecting “cancel” at anytime during the application process will cancel the entire process. Also, remember to “save” your application often.
6. Please use the arrow keys, tab key, or mouse to navigate from question to question. Hitting the “Enter” key could cause you to lose already keyed data.
We wish you success in your job search.